As a busy professional, wife, mother, and a host of other things you may be, life can get pretty hectic and you can easily become burnt out. As women, we tend to take care of everything and everyone and oftentimes, we neglect to take care of ourselves.
Below I have listed a few essentials that keeps me grounded and help me live a more balanced life:
- Distribute Tasks at Home– Home life can get hectic. As the woman of the house you are expected to make sure everything gets done and stays in order. Some probably can take on that role alone and somehow remain stress free. Me on the other hand, I solicit my other housemates for help. Everyone is responsible for given tasks around the house. This way everyone plays a role in keeping an orderly household and no one is stressed out and taking everything on.
- Invest in a Personal Notebook– If your thoughts are always all over the place like mine a notebook would benefit you. Whenever you think of something important or sometimes things that are not so important, take your notebook and jot it down. A busy lifestyle can sometimes take a toll on our memory so a handy, purse sized notebook will be your best friend.
- Daily/Monthly Planner- With a busy and sometimes chaotic life, organization is the key to sanity. Keep your life in order with a handy-dandy calendar. Currently I am using the Happy Planner Faith- Grace Upon Grace Planner
- Designate Positive Reading Time to Jump-start Your Day– This could be a bible verse, an inspiring quote, a self-help book, etc. This helps to create a positive outlook for your day. I get daily quotes from a mobile app called Enliven.
- Learn to Say No– Sometimes we take on more than necessary because of our natural nurturing and pleasing personalities. If you feel overwhelmed it is ok to say no! What good is the world if everyone is happy and carefree except for you? Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and just say NO to avoid unnecessary stress and burn out.
- Do Something Special for You– Take some time away from the daily grind and do something pleasing for you. This can come in the form of a fun vacation, a massage, a night out with friends, sending your family out for a few hours so you can get a few hours of quiet time to maybe do something as simple as curl up and read a book.
- Have a Glass of Wine– Yes I said it. Sometimes a refreshing glass of wine is just what the doctor ordered to relax and unwind. If wine is not your thing please feel free to skip this tip. 🙂
These are just a few of my must haves/must dos to assist me in living a more balanced life.
Please feel free to add to the list and share what works for you in the comment area. Also don’t forget to follow and subscribe.
Until next time,